Baked Green Tomato Gluten-Free Sandwich
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Slice tomatoes into ¼ inch thick slices, place on a paper towel, sprinkle the tops with salt and place another paper towel on top and wait for about 10 minutes for the moisture to be absorbed.
- In a shallow bowl combine the rice flour, turmeric, cayenne and about ¼ cup of water (add more if the batter needs to be thinned out).
- In a food processor combine both the Beanitos Restaurant Style and Beanitos Simply Pinto until both are combined into a fine “breadcrumb” texture. Then add to a empty bowl or pan.
- To begin coating the tomato slices, take a slice of tomato and cover both sides with almond flour. Then dip both sides into the turmeric batter then into the Beanitos “breadcrumb” mixture.
- Place on baking sheet or chill in fridge until ready to bake.
- Bake tomatoes for about 20 minutes until crispy.
- Combine arugula, cilantro, ½ lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Combine mayo, chopped chive, a teaspoon of lemon juice and a pinch of salt.
- Cook bacon and toast bread.
- Assemble by layering mayo, bacon, arugula and baked tomato slices onto a slice of toast then topping off with another slice of toast.