Crispy Baked Avocado Fries
- 2 large avocados, sliced
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup Beanitos Hint of Lime bean chips (or another variety!), finely crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Optional: juice of ½ lime
- Pre-heat oven to 400 Degrees F. Pour 1 tablespoon oil in sheet tray or baking dish; set aside.
- Squeeze fresh lime juice on avocado slices to preserve their color while baking (this step is optional). Season with salt, pepper. Dredge in flour then dip in egg and coat in crushed up Beanitos chips. Be sure the avocado slices are coated very well in the chips.
- Place in a single layer on the greased sheet pan. Drizzle with the remaining oil or spray with cooking spray. This will help the avocado slices crisp in the oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the avocados are golden and crispy. If desired, more oil can be drizzle while they are baking for additional crispness.
- Serve with a chipotle dipping sauce (get the recipe here) or with ranch, ketchup or your favorite dip!