- 1 cup of store bought kimchi (we used Mother-in-Law’s)
- 2 ½ tablespoons coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup of cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 pack of firm tofu
- Olive oil
- Optional: garnish with sesame seeds, green onion and/or red chilis
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Meanwhile, over medium heat in a nonstick skillet, stir the kimchi, sugar, tamari or soy sauce, and apple cider vinegar. Let the sugar, soy and vinegar cook off and caramelize the kimchi for about 3-4 minutes, until the kimchi has a nice sticky coating, remove from heat.
- Then cook diced firm tofu on a hot pan with oil until cooked.
- Add Beanitos bean chips (such as Restaurant Style) to a oven safe tray, then sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese and top with cooked tofu.
- Add tray to the pre-heated oven and let it melt for a minute in the oven.
- Remove tray from oven, top with caramelized kimchi and top with any optional garnishes.