Mediterranean Salad with Pepperoncini Dressing
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups water
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- ½ lemon, squeezed
- ¼ cup kalamata olives (~13 olives), pitted and sliced
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 cups english cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- ⅓ cup feta, crumbled
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 pepperoncini
- Rinse quinoa for about 2 minutes, using your hands to make sure all the saponins are removed.
- Fill a medium pot with water, add quinoa and bring to a boil. When the water boils, reduce heat to low and cover; simmer covered 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and keep covered an additional 5 minutes without lifting the lid; then fluff with a fork and set aside in a large mixing bowl to cool.
- While the quinoa cools, dice all the vegetables. Add the red onion, olives, cucumber, tomatoes, feta to the cooled quinoa
- In a food processor, add lemon, olive oil, salt, pepper and pepperoncini to blend. Then pour dressing over salad and mix.
- Serve with Beanitos bean chips (such as Restaurant Style)