- 3 cups frozen green peas (thaw completely first)
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves (extra for finished product topping)
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon (3 tablespoons of lemon juice) (zest for topping)
- 1 large clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (plus more for topping)
- 1 tablespoon raw tahini
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- In a medium saucepan, bring 5 cups of water to a boil to blanch peas. Add peas and a pinch of salt to the boiling water, cook until tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer cooked peas to an ice-water bath and then drain.
- In a food processor, pulse peas with fresh mint leaves, lemon zest and juice, garlic, 2 tablespoons olive oil, and tahini. Pulse until desired consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle extra olive oil on top + top with extra fresh mint leaves and lemon zest.