- 12oz sliced bacon, diced
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 2 small shallots, diced
- 2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ cup water
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ½ brown sugar
- ½ apple cider vinegar
- Cook bacon in a large, heavy bottomed pot until brown and mostly crisp.
- Remove bacon and place on a paper towel lined plate and set aside.
- Remove all but 2 tablespoons of bacon grease and saute onion and shallots over low to medium heat, stirring often.
- Cook onions until soft and translucent, about 7 minutes.
- Add smoked paprika and stir until fully incorporated. Add water and scrape any brown bits at the bottom of the pan. Add maple syrup, brown sugar, cooked bacon and vinegar.
- Bring to a boil and let cook until a bit of a glaze forms, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add mixture to the bowl of a food processor and pulse several times until a chunky jam consistency is obtained. Place in the refrigerator for at least one hour and up to one month.