Turmeric Sweet Potato Hummus
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 can of white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon tahini
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Toss together the spices (turmeric, ground cumin, smoked paprika, salt and pepper), garlic, cubed sweet potato and place on a baking tray.
- Bake the sweet potato mix for 30 – 40 minutes until tender.
- Let cool then add the sweet potato to a food processor with the remaining ingredients, except the olive oil.
- Blend until all ingredients are combined, then with the motor running slowly drizzle in the olive oil until smooth and creamy.
- Taste and adjust if needed.
- Serve with your favorite Beanitos bean chips!