White Bean and Spinach Dip
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves
- 3 handfuls of baby spinach
- 15oz cannellini white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1-2 tablespoons grated grana padano or parmigiano-reggiano cheese (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (optional).
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant and golden, about 1 minute. Add the spinach and cook for 2-3 minutes until wilted. Let the mixture cool for a few minutes.
- Place the remaining olive oil, cooked spinach, cannellini beans, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a food processor.
- Blend until the mixture is smooth.
- Coat the inside of a small, oven-safe bowl or dish with olive oil and fill with the dip. Sprinkle the grated cheese on top. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until top is just slightly golden-brown. Let cool a few minutes and serve warm (optional).
- Serve with Beanitos bean chip (such as Restaurant Style or Original Black Bean).